Sunday, October 27, 2013

Blog #8


This week our assignment was to write a literature review that analyzes the sources cited in our annotated bibliography. I found the literature writing process a little bit frustrating. I was unaware of how much work it would actually be and I should have taken better notes throughout the class on my research articles. I think the most difficult part for me was going back through all my sources and separating the material into my three major findings that I wrote about in my literature review. Writing this literature review has affected the way I will do research in the future. In the future, I will take better notes during my research so I do not have to go back and redo all my work (that’s what I felt like I was doing while writing my literature review). Also, while conducting my research in the future, I will start to categorize my literature as I find it so I do not have to do it at the end when some of the material is not as fresh in my head. I do not have any unanswered questions after completing my literature review. I feel like my research could make an impact on a wider audience, including my colleagues, because we are all instructors and we are always looking for ways to better manage our classrooms. Also, during my research I found some good techniques for dealing with students with disruptive behaviors which I plan on using in my classroom in the future. Also, I think my research would help all teachers who are new or are looking for different ways to manage their classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment